Macedonia (Macedonian: Македонија), officially the Republic of Macedonia (Macedonian: Република Македонија, transliterated: Republika Makedonija), is a country in the central Balkan peninsula in southeastern Europe. It is one of the successor states of the former Yugoslavia, from which it declared independence in 1991. It was admitted to the United Nations in 1993, but as a result of a dispute with Greece over its name, it was admitted under the provisional reference of the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, sometimes abbreviated as FYROM.
The Republic of Macedonia, a landlocked country, is bordered by Serbia and Kosovo to the north, Bulgaria to the east,Greece to the south and Albania to the west. The country’s capital is Skopje, with 506,926 inhabitants according to a 2004 census. Other cities include Bitola, Kumanovo, Prilep, Tetovo, Ohrid, Veles, Štip, Kočani, Gostivar and Strumica. It has more than 50 lakes and sixteen mountains higher than 2,000 meters (6,550 ft). Macedonia is a member of the UN and the Council of Europe. Since December 2005 it has also been a candidate for joining the European Union and has applied for NATO membership.
▪ Glowing Flame Records Macedonia‘s maybe most famous for the psychedelic label Glowing Flame Records or as Macedonians want to say it GFR. It didn’t took a long time before GFR took over the psy scene not only in Macedonia but also in the world. With the release of the first compilation “Agni Hotra” in 2004, where artists like Artax, Fractal Glider, Satherian and Rastalians had their tracks, GFR showed what is forest, psychedelic music and the label hasn’t stopped discovering new twisted sounds ever since. The label is famous for releasing many Scandinavian artists like Trold and Uruz from Norway, Artax and Kluster from Sweden and other talented musicians from all over the globe. The label released recently its last compilation “Temple of One”.
▪ Bhooteshwara Records is a new music label dedicated to signing, marketing and promoting quality dark and twisted psychedelic acts. Located in Skopje, the capital city of Macedonia, and owned by Valentino Trencev (Blisargon Demogorgon) it is set to unleash wicked vibes from all around the globe but primarily fostering Macedonian artists.
▪ Atriohm Atriohm are two brothers, Leonid and Aleksandar Golcev from Macedonia. Both of them have music education and were involved in various musical projects. They discovered trance music in 1996 at a party organized by some of their friends. Fully consumed by the magic of that sound they started playing Chillout and trance at parties in Macedonia‘s capital Skopje. In 2003 their project Atriohm was born. Atriohm music is released for many different labels like: Parvati Records, Peak Rec, Dropout Rec, AuraQuake Rec, Ajana Rec, Xilium Rec, Dharma Khsetra Rec, Bhooteshwara Rec, Element of Time Media, Shaman Electro rec.
▪ Dosage Dosage is consisting of Goran Antic and Mirko Chorak. They know each other for almost an eternity.Their taste for music is pretty much the same so writing the music and defining theirs style was not much of a problem. When they look back now,they realize that the working conditions were poor, but there were so much things to discover (vst’s came out, new fruity loops also came out:P ) that they had enough fun with the fruity loops and its synth’s anyway. After that they meet Branko and Viktor and in 2004 they created the project UMINUM. Unique style indeed!!! So after an year they bought their first sound card and studio monitors and started thinking about getting some more clarity in their sound. They also decided to make a split project called DOSAGE. Nothing much to be said as the music speaks for its self.
▪ Egorythmia Egorythmia is progressive trance project founded in 2008 by Boban Lazovski from Skopje, Macedonia. His first expirience in producing music goes back in 2001, when he spends some time experimenting with different genres of music , and has been a member in several psy-trance projects such as IMAGINARY SIGHT with whom he had several releases. In 2008 he started his first solo project EGORYTHMIA, focused on the progressive sound. EGORYTHMIA`s sound can be easily recognized it`s deep and dynamic, with punching basslines and emotional synth sequences which run throughout in a very well composed story. He has already released music for labels such as Blue Tunes, Iono Music and mikrokosmos, and is noticed by audiences, and it`s on the way high up the ladder.
▪ Encephalopaticys Encephalopaticys is the project of Vasko Velickovski. The name of the project sounds weird, but that is how his music realy is. He is born and living in Macedonia a place full of high hills and spirits unknown for most of the listeners, Macedonia is another reason of his unique style and powerful sound. He started Dj ing in 2001,and as an extreme type of person after couple of eyers he found DJ ing as a bridge to something that will build a path leading to his dream-creating his own visions into sounds. After few years of djing and more time spend with psychedelic music, he start to experiment with the psychedelic sounds, starting to create his own sounds, in his studio. The project Encephalopaticys is born 2003. It..s hard to find the right words to describe his music some will say it hard, dark powerful night trance, I’ll say its sound that came from one identity one person one mind simply Encephalopaticys. In this project Vasko works on very powerful dark sound, with deep bass line followed by psychedelic sounds and scary forest atmospheres, inspired by the high hills, the surrounding spirits and the oxygen poison. ”All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.” EnJOY it. ooommmmmmmmm!!!!!!
▪ Imaginary Sight Marko Daravelski is the founder and label manager of Glowing Flame Records. He has been active in the scene since the early days and began by promoting parties/events and as a DJ. Around the time his vision began to develop he was also drawn to producing music. After couple of years experimenting in the sound-lab the Imaginary Sight Sound was born. The project was created toghether with Boban Lazovski from Macedonia. Now Boban exploring progresive sounds under the name Egorythmia and Marko is continuing solo with the project. The sound is mystic psychedelic with euphoric melodies for mornings and deep, atmospheric deviant vibes for the nights. Marko has played with many names of the scene and almost every psy nation around such as Japan, Brazil, UK and the whole Europe.
▪ Kala Prodanov Zoran, a music film student at the University of Skopje and Toromanoski Darko, currently studying audio engineering at SAE, Ljubljana, are sole two members of “Kala” project, formed in 2005. While Zoran is the guilty man behind melodical side of Kala music, Darko is in charge of creating hypnotic rhythmical sections and taking care of technical side of the thing. Their style can be described as a mixture of forest psychedelic melodies, freaky tunes and driving bass lines. Their live performance has been well accepted at the parties around Macedonia and rest of the Europe and have played next to artists such as Yudhisthira, Cosmossis, Etnica.
▪ Paramatma Paramatma is a relativly young Macedonian project consisiting of Bojan Stanisic and Aleksandar Dukovski from Skopje, Macedonia. Some say that Paramatma is the new Yudhisthira, but their style is very different. Paramatma’s music has unique melodies that can be found in the roots of the Goa Trance music. Their music is light melodic and morning blasting. The name Paramatma can be found in the scriptures of hindu religion. Paramatma is the super soul sited in the heart of every one. It guids one trough live in form of instinct, knowledge. So they pay their respectfull obeisances an to Paramatma (Lord Vishnu)
▪ Yudhisthira Yudhisthira is the oldest Macedonian goa/psychedelic trance band, consisted of Ogi and Bugi. Those talented musicians met back in 1998 and decided to make music together. Ogi is a producer (also working as sound engineer for video projects) and DJ and Bugi is multi talented music genius that played in many ethno bands. Their music speaks itself and their live act is a unique trance experience.
Deco & Design artists
▪ Afadrenalin Boris Petrovski born 08.01.1975 in Skopje. Graduated at the Faculty of Fine Arts in Skopje, 1998,at Sculpture Department and Graphic Design. From 1996 he works as a decor artist of trance parties. He lives and works in Skopje as a free – lance artist. Dreamy psychodelic stretches in whitch everything throbs, vibrates and kinetically flows with fractal progression, phantasmagoric cosmic landscapes – wonderfoul world that sprouts up from Boris Petrovski’s fantasy whose backdrops mesmerize your senses evoking unrepeatable cinematic expirience in which spacial and time coordinates are displaced and you areallredy pushed in to a new Dimension.